hogwarts grounds are a vast expanse of mountainous lands, surrounded by a neighboring forest. from its scenic lake, trimmed lawns, and many more historical areas, there is always something new to be discovered at hogwarts. the quidditch pitch is also a very frequented area to visit at hogwarts, where matches are held during the term.
the lake is to the south of the castle, while the front doors leading to the giant fortress face generally to the west, flanked by pillars on which stand statues of winged boars. a road runs around the lake to the village of hogsmeade, where the railway station is located. the grounds are quite extensive, taking in the large forbidden forest with enough open space that folks in the castle hardly ever notice what might be lurking within those clearings of creeping vines, tendrils, and towering trees.
MW 8:00a.m. – 10:00a.m. YEARS ONE AND TWO
WTHF 11:12a.m. – 12:12p.m. YEARS THREE, FOUR, AND FIVE
MT 3:32p.m. – 5:32p.m. YEARS SIX AND SEVEN
Welcome, students, to the exciting world of Herbology!
This is a very hands-on subject that will require plenty of physical activity, so I do hope you’re ready to get your hands a little dirty. We’ll have a lot of work to do this term, but so long as you have a mind willing to learn and the determination to succeed, nothing will stand between you and the scores that you deserve! Here are a few announcements regarding the class, that you ought to keep in mind:
I. COURSEWORK Here is the coursework that you can expect this term:
1. Pruning Magical Plants (Alihotsy Bushes, Abyssinian Shrivelfigs)
2. Properly Repotting Mandrakes
3. Harvesting Magical Plants (Bubotuber Pus, Puffapods)
4. Learning the Properties of Magical Plants
5. Various Lectures Covering Magical Plants, Herbs, and Fungi
II. GRADING POLICY The following is the grading policy for this term:
1. Class work: 100% - Greenhouse activities, answering questions in class, etc.
2. Homework: Additional Credit – Can be completed for additional academic points.
(WILL BE CURVED)
• O :: Outstanding :: 70+ Points
• E :: Exceeds Expectations :: 60-69 Points
• A :: Acceptable :: 50-59 Points
------- Pass/Fail line-------
• P :: Poor :: 40-49 Points
• D :: Dreadful :: 30-39 Points
• T :: Troll :: 0-29 Points
III. REQUIRED MATERIAL The following material is obligatory for this term:
1. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
2. One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, by Phyllida Spore (Years 1 – 7)
3. Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean, by Mathilda Cowley (Years 5 – 7)
4. Flesh-Eating Trees of the World, by Doris Nettlebed (Years 7)